Serving Clients throughout New York City for Close to 30 Years
If you have suffered medical problems and frustration over a doctor’s failure to diagnose your symptoms, you may have a medical malpractice case on your hands. The Law Offices of Joseph M. Lichtenstein, PC can help you win your case against the doctors who failed to help you with your medical issues.
A failure to diagnose, or missed diagnosis, is a form of misdiagnosis, and is therefore legally actionable. If you have suffered medical harm as a result of your doctor’s failure to diagnose your cancer case or did not diagnose you until it was too late, contact our firm today. For failure to diagnose lawsuits in Brooklyn and the nearby areas, our medical malpractice lawyer may be able to get you compensation for your pain and suffering.
Top 10 Undiagnosed Conditions
- Toxoplasmosis – An infection caused by a parasite affecting 60 million people; commonly occurs without any sort of symptom.
- Sleep Disorders – Any condition that causes difficulty sleeping, including insomnia, sleep apnea and narcolepsy. This affects over 30 million people throughout industrialized nations.
- Otosclerosis – A genetic ear bone disorder, this affects over 25 million, hitting an estimated 10% of the Caucasian population.
- Extra Nipples – Having a third, extra nipple. Sometimes can be mistaken for a freckle. Over 25 million are affected; one in even ten.
- Osteoporosis – A condition affecting the bones (primarily elderly females), where the skeleton become weak from depletion of calcium in the body. Affects one in every fifteen
- Hypertension – Having high blood pressure, causing serious cardiovascular issues. According to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, one in every three adults is affected.
- COPD – Also known as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, this affects the lower respiratory tracts and causes difficulty in breathing. Over 15 million people are undiagnosed.
- Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease – Continual diseases that affect the lower respiratory tract, including COPD and cystic fibrosis. Over 15 million people are affected
- Migraine – Extremely painful headaches that can become disabling. One in every nineteen is affected and it is estimated that 14 million people are currently undiagnosed.
- Thyroid Disorders – Disorders targeting the thyroid gland, including Graves’ disease and birth defects, which can cause serious issues with anxiety and hypertension. 13 million are affected.
Do you need a New York Medical Malpractice Attorney?
While these are the top ten undiagnosed conditions according to a study published by Reader’s Digest, they are by no means the most catastrophic. Failure to diagnose diseases and conditions such as heart attacks, cancer and appendicitis can be painful and even life-threatening for the patient, resulting in serious and costly consequences for the victim and their family.
Speak with our medical malpractice lawyer right away for help in your injury case!
The Law Offices of Joseph Lichtenstein provides legal services to most areas around New York City, including the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan, as well as Long Island, Westchester, Suffolk County, and Nassau County. We offer New York communities our expertise as birth injury lawyers, among other legal services. For more information on our services, or to schedule a consultation, visit our contact us page or call us at .